Boating & Fishing in Brevard County
The boating life is here. With 72 miles of Atlantic Ocean coastline, the Intracoastal Waterway (Indian River) and additional waterways including Lake Washington, Lake Poinsett, Lake Winder, Sawgrass Lake, the St. Johns River, the Banana River and canals everywhere on Florida’s Space Coast; it could be a long ride.
Florida’s Space Coast offers great fishing year round – from Mosquito Lagoon south to Sebastian Inlet. Some of the distinctions the area has earned include:
- Space Coast has more than 500 species of fish.
- Mosquito Lagoon is known as the redfish capital of the world.
- Stick Marsh/Farm 13 is one of the top largemouth bass fisheries in the U.S.
- The largest Tripletail in the IGFA Record Books was caught off Canaveral.
- Space Coast is the northernmost boundary on the East Coast for snook.
- Space Coast has some of the largest spotted seatrout around.
- Port Canaveral has great surf fishing or pier fishing from Jetty Park
- Cocoa Beach’s Thousand Islands area is lively with ladyfish, snook and trout
- Bass Pro Shops in Palm Bay has all the gear needed to enjoy a successful day of fishing
- Sebastian Fishing Museum has artifacts from fishing families involved in early commercial fishing
- Go to the Sebastian Inlet where snook, Spanish mackerel and redfish bite
- Many charters are available for salt and freshwater fishing